Thursday, October 22, 2009

Retouch and Color Old Photographs

I really liked project 1 that we had in my web design class; to retouch and color old photos, plus I looove the fourties and the fifties.
First, I picked out five photos that were somewhat the same style. Some of them I changed from being an ugly brownish color to black and white. Then I took away scratches and dirt with the repairing tools in Photoshop. I used the patch tool for skin, the clone stamp to copy something and the healing tool for textures- just like Amy has taught me. After that, I added some color to the persons in the pictures. I decided to skip coloring the background because it looked cool that way. Last, I added a black frame around each picture. By adding the black frame and color all photos the same way, they all look like they belong together, which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment